Newsletter Winter 2023
Meet the New Faces at DSL
Just a reminder that our official Support Hours, and the basis upon which we levy monthly/annual support fees are Monday to Friday 8.00am to 5.00pm and Saturday 9:00am to 3.00pm. This excludes Public Holidays.
Please try to ensure that all busy critical operations are completed within these hours.
While we appreciate that the nature of the work our clients undertake, can mean that the need for assistance arises outside these times. Our Team may occasionally check the online chat system for notified issues out of these hours, but this is purely on an ad hoc and very much voluntary basis.
Benefits of moving to the cloud
All new clients, and more and more existing clients are using their Paragon software hosted in the cloud (Software as a Service or more commonly referred to as SaaS). But what has led to this shift away from having the software installed on local PCs or local network systems?
There are a whole host of good business reasons.
- Reduced IT management costs. We look after the computer environment that runs our software. You simply need devices which can connect to the internet. As a result, we can significantly reduce or in some cases completely take away the headache of managing your core IT infrastructure and associated costs
- Flexibility of where you work and how you access your systems Having your software installed in our AWS cloud, means it is accessible 24/7 from any location with suitable internet access and a portable device (Windows/Mac)
- Business continuity If you can’t get to the office, or your in-office IT is compromised (fire, theft, flood, power outage etc) you can still access your system from any internet connected alternate location.
- Scalability Traditional computing often means that your business growth requires expensive ‘step changes’ in infrastructure, storage, processing capability etc. With a SaaS solution, you can increase your IT capability as easily as turning a dial. You just pay for what computing capability you need, when you need it.
- Backup – we automatically take daily backups of your data providing peace of mind that in the event of an issue arising which needs data reinstating, we can go back 30 days.
- Access to new features Some of the exciting new features being released are only able to work in the cloud. These include being able to pre-authorise credit cards facilitating weekly payment collection and instant sign up for new clients.
Speak to us about how we can help you make that journey to the cloud
MOTO payments using Stripe – MOTO stands for Mail Order/Telephone Order payments.
From within the Customer Browser you will now have the facility to click on a new button ‘Card Payment’. Once select the below pop up will appear, showing the customer details, any outstanding balance, costs for this week’s deliveries and the total amount owed.
Once the Pay button is selected a Virtual Terminal connected to Stripe opens, from here you enter the customers card details and make the payment request. A receipt for the payment can be emailed to the customer if required.
Requirements for this feature are, you must have an active Connected Stripe account and you must be using Paragon Cloud. If you are not yet using our Cloud version, please call for a free quote.
Paragon Web Dashboard (formally the Lobby)
In the next couple of weeks, we will be making the switch to the new look Paragon Web Dashboard. The is no need to reregister or visit another site, this will be done automatically.
This is the landing page for clients to access Paragon via AppStream. For client that use YourMOO, you can now maintain the product images and descriptions directly from the dashboard. A better quality of image is now easily uploaded and stored, giving a better look and feel to your customers.
More and more features are going to be developed for the dashboard over the coming months.
Invoices from the Statement Tab – To help combat the ongoing email delivery issues that some clients are facing we have now developed the ability for your customers to be able to view their invoices from the Statements Tab from within YourMOO. By clicking on a Week Ending date, a PDF invoice will appear in a separate window, from there the customer can download or print their invoice.
Visual Indicator on Roundsbook – We have listened to feedback and understand that sometimes it is hard for drivers to see what delivery they are up to, as a result we have added two new options to the Roundsbook.
Option 1: Flag – The driver can swipe the customer name/address bar and flag their present delivery and all previous deliveries. This will add a small circular button to the righthand side of the customer name/address bar to indicate their position in the Roundsbook.
Option 2: Individual Indicator – The driver can tick each delivery by pressing a small check box on the righthand side of the customer name/address bar. It is easy to identify any missed deliveries.
With both options you can easily Jump To the last flagged/marked customer.
Increasing numbers of clients take the time when they receive their call closure email to let us know what they thought of the service from the team. To all those who take the time to respond, thank you so much. You told us that for over 90% of your tickets, you felt you received Great Service.
Great job by the support team!
Your feedback is invaluable in helping to shape our service and remember that every completed survey is entered into a quarterly draw for an Amazon voucher.